Full Job Description
The NWA Community Creative Center is a non-profit visual and studio arts organization providing classes, workshops and camps featuring a variety of hands-on art forms for adults and children of all ages and skill levels. Originally a division of the Walton Arts Center’s visual arts program, the NWA Community Creative Center was launched in 2007, and received 501(c)3 standing in 2008. The CCC is housed in the Walton Arts Center’s Nadine Baum Studio building with 6,900 square feet of space featuring a fully equipped clay studio, glaze room and outdoor kiln yard, a drawing studio, two multi-purpose art studios and gallery exhibition space.
The CCC is currently seeking a professional Office Administrator to provide administrative support, manage human resource and AP/AR tasks, and provide superior communications and customer service to CCC’s Open Studio members, students, and guests.
The CCC offers a competitive salary with a flexible work schedule and opportunities for professional growth in a busy, creative, collaborative environment. This position works directly with the CCC Director and the Director of Community Partnerships to provide a wide range of support tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Answer phones, emails, and social media/website inquiries
- Provide administrative support to CCC management team
- Provide guest reception, including giving tours and answering guest questions
- Manage, track, and communicate class, workshop, and event enrollments including sending reminder emails
- Take and record gallery sales
- Track class/workshop/event enrollments
- Assist with social media posting and response
- Work with CCC management team to research, develop, and submit grants
- Track grant submissions and giving/donations, including logging disbursements and sending Thank You letters
- Review and code daily transactions in QBO, pay bills, and work with accountant to provide monthly financial reports to BOD.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure permitting and compliance for events
- Order supplies and work with 3rd party vendors/contracts
- Liaison for WAC facilities staff and UA Department of Theatre
- Work with CCC team to facilitate marketing, event logistics, and provide on-site event support
- Process Contractor payments, Artists’ commissions, and pay bills (monthly)
- Maintain staff and class/workshop calendars
- Work with Director and Director of Community Partnerships to identify and develop opportunities for generating revenue and organizational growth.
This opportunity requires proficiency with the following skillsets:
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online, MS Office Suite, and social media promotion.
- Highly organized and a heart for customer service
- Possess an understanding of and experience with AP/AR and Human Resource management, including processing payroll, onboarding new staff and contractors, and basic bookkeeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in Arts or Arts Education, or experience with technical or grant writing.
- Familiarity with nonprofit tracking platforms, esp. Bloomerang (preferred)
The Northwest Arkansas Community Creative Center offers the following benefits:
- $200 monthly insurance stipend
- 21 paid holidays per year
- PTO and Sick time
- Employee discount on classes and workshops
- Professional development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
In compliance with Walton Art Center policy, staff are required to be vaccinated or present a letter of religious or medical exception with weekly negative COVID testing. Masks are currently required in the building.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location