Wheel Mobile Coordinator
Wheel Mobile Coordinator is responsible for the promoting, scheduling, logistics and general operations of the Wheel Mobile through coordination with CCC programming, marketing and executive staff.
Community Creative Center, a non-profit, visual arts organization located in Walton Arts Center’s Nadine Baum Studios, provides high quality hands-on studio arts classes and workshops in a variety of art forms including clay and ceramics, acrylics, watercolor, drawing and mixed media. We serve children, youth and adults of all ages and skill levels.
In April 2018, Community Creative Center launched the Wheel Mobile, a mobile art studio designed to bring the potter’s wheel, clay and other art forms straight to students and community members where they live, learn, work and play. This custom-designed Winnebago is one-of-a-kind, fully functional and self-contained. With 9 potter’s wheels, convertible art tables and clean-up facilities, the Wheel Mobile’ programming mirror CCC’s current community and arts education art offerings. To date more than 6,000 students, and community members have come on board for workshops, classes, tours and arts experiences. The Wheel Mobile has served thousands of students from low income schools with low and no cost arts education programming.
- Coordinate with community and education groups to schedule and ensure delivery of all Wheel Mobile activities
- Coordinate with CCC staff to identify and develop a comprehensive list of potential participants, education and community groups, destinations and events.
- Coordinate with Education Program Manager to staff, schedule and deliver appropriate and appealing youth, adult, corporate and community programming – classes, workshops, parties, outreach events, etc. maintaining the quality and continuity of CCC’ mission and brand
- Coordinate with Education Program Manager and Studio Tech to order and stock supplies, identify studio needs and maintain studio integrity
- Manage social media efforts and coordinate with Marketing Coordinator to develop and implement marketing, social media and other promotional and media efforts: identify and nurture sponsorship agreements
- Lead community outreach, selling the wheel mobile to schools, groups and the community.
- Coordinate with Executive Director for vehicle insurance needs, annual registration, warranty issues, etc.
- Develop and implement attendance tracking procedures; assist in process of tracking and converting Wheel Mobile patrons into Fayetteville studio students
- Coordinate with Executive Director to identify, build and maintain relationships that facilitate development of collaborations and other partnerships in the community
Supervises: Wheel Mobile Engineer (25% time)
The Coordinator and Engineer work closely together to:
- Develop and maintain a roster of qualified drivers; assign and monitor as needed
- Develop and deliver vehicle and studio orientation, rules of operation and behavior to all drivers, teaching artists, assistants, etc.
- Maintain regular schedule of pre-event preparation (art supplies, gas, water, propane, etc.) and site visits; post-event follow-up to include project transfer for firing at CCC, completed project distribution, studio clean-up, teaching artist, assistant and driver compensation, vehicle lock up and storage.)
- Assure the highest quality of care of the Wheel Mobile including regular vehicle maintenance per manufacturer (batteries, generator, weatherization) studio and exterior cleanliness
- Maintain safe and responsible storage/parking procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, communication, or related field or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Experience in office management, working with students/education community, and/or non-profit organizations; familiarity with the arts preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; thrives in a collaborative, creative environment; problem solver; not afraid to try new things
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented, multi-tasker with exemplary time management skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and Google Suite
Reports to: Executive Director
Category: Part-time with potential to expand to full time within 12 months
Compensation: Commensurate with experience