JOB DESCRIPTION Wheel Mobile Coordinator
Community Creative Center, a non-profit, visual arts organization located in Walton Arts Center’s Nadine Baum Studios, provides high quality hands-on studio arts classes and workshops in a variety of art forms including clay and ceramics, acrylics, watercolor, drawing and mixed media. We serve children, youth and adults of all ages and skill levels.
In April 2018, Community Creative Center will begin reaching more of the NWA community through the Wheel Mobile, a mobile art studio designed to bring the potter’s wheel, clay and other art forms straight to students and community members where they live, learn, work and play. This specially-designed Winnebago is one-of-a-kind, fully functional and self-contained. With 9 potter’s wheels, convertible art space and clean-up facilities, the Wheel Mobile’ programming will mirror CCC’s current community and arts education art offerings.
Wheel Mobile Coordinator will be responsible for the promoting, scheduling and general operations of the Wheel Mobile through close coordination with CCC programming, marketing and executive staff.
• Coordinate with CCC staff to identify and develop a comprehensive list of potential participants, education and community groups, destinations and events.
• Coordinate with Education Program Manager to staff, schedule and deliver appropriate and appealing youth, adult, corporate and community programming – classes, workshops, parties, outreach events, etc. maintaining the quality and continuity of CCC’ mission and brand
• Coordinate with Education Program Manager and Studio Tech to order and stock supplies, identify studio needs and maintain studio integrity
• Coordinate with Marketing Coordinator to develop and implement marketing, social media and other promotional and media efforts: nurture sponsorship agreements
• Lead efforts to prepare, schedule and present Wheel Mobile information to potential participants
• Coordinate with community and education groups to schedule all Wheel Mobile activities
• Develop a roster of qualified drivers; assign and monitor as needed
• Develop and deliver vehicle and studio orientation, rules of operation and behavior to all drivers, teaching artists, assistants, etc.
• Maintain regular schedule of pre-event preparation (art supplies, gas, water, propane, etc.) and post-event follow-up (project transfer for firing at CCC, completed project distribution, studio clean-up, teaching artist, assistant and driver compensation, lock up.)
• Assure the highest quality of care of the Wheel Mobile including regular vehicle maintenance per manufacturer (batteries, generator, weatherization) studio and exterior cleanliness
• Coordinate with Executive Director for vehicle insurance needs, annual registration, warranty issues, etc.
• Maintain safe and responsible storage/parking procedures
• Develop and implement attendance tracking procedures; assist in process of tracking and converting Wheel Mobile patrons into Fayetteville studio students
• Work with CCC staff to evaluate programming and adapt offerings, pricing, scheduling and other elements as needed to attract and retain a large and diverse student base and ensure that the Wheel Mobile actively recruits for Fayetteville studio classes
• Coordinate with Executive Director to identify, build and maintain relationships that facilitate development of collaborations and other partnerships in the community
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, communication, or related field or 3 years equivalent work experience
• Experience in office management, working with students/education community, and/or non-profit organizations; familiarity with the arts preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; thrives in a collaborative, creative environment; problem solver; not afraid to try new things
• Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented, multi-tasker with exemplary time management skills
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and Google Suite
Part-time with potential to expand to full time within 12 months
Commensurate with experience
Applications are currently closed.